New Jersey Hunters banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i set up around 2:00 in a pretty thick area with a climber where i found some big rubs. i put some doe estrus out (tink's 69) to my left and waited. around 5:00 i hit the grunt tub a couple times. this guy came walking out around 5:15 on my right. i turned my body really slowly towards him before he walked out of the thick stuff and into a shooting lane. my leg locked up really badly because i'm still sore from running a tough mudder on saturday and all i wanted to do was stretch it out but i wasn't going to move whatsover. finally the pain went away and this guy comes walking out at the same time. i drew yelled buck he stopped and i shot. double long shot he didn't go far. his neck is swollen and he's in full swing rut. got to say thanks to my hunting partner cody cause we've scouted most of the arsenal together and i was using his "lucky" climber. he's already tagged out with a big six. we'll be back out in november! how did you lighten those pics? i have more i would like to do that with. thanks.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Nice...those pics are flying around work. Everyone wants to know what area you were in!! lol

There is another slammer near the softball fields that I saw last week. Don't know if this is the same buck (I didnt get a great look at it).

·
Registered
784 Posts
There is also three big 10 pointers around the lake that is on Lake Denmark Road. I saw on of them from the outside of the fence. The little lake with the house on it there is a boat on the side of the lake also. Just a heads up since I can't hunt Picatinny.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
good looking buck congrats[up]

·
Registered
138 Posts
does anyone know who could has the bettles for the european mount process? contact info?
DakotaBear - If still interested my brother can take care of the Euro mount, or whatever you decide to do with the head.

Chad Lewis Taxidermy, Wantage NJ - 973-271-5157.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
lol ... expect a call from me soon.. great buck bud..

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Nice...those pics are flying around work. Everyone wants to know what area you were in!! lol

There is another slammer near the softball fields that I saw last week. Don't know if this is the same buck (I didnt get a great look at it).
before they started all the construction a few years back I had a few near miss experiences in the zone my building is in with some real slammers.. now I dont see the quantity or quality I used to... I need a hunting partner on the arsenal..Evrytime I hunt I see bears.. Big fockers too..:D

41 - 60 of 81 Posts