New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My in-laws live in Wall Twp off Allaire/New Bedford Road and swear that they have seen a "mountain lion" in their bakyard. They called the Wall Police and F&G and both doubted their story and said it's probably a coyote. I showed my mother-in-law pics of coyotes, bobcats and mountain lions and she swears that it is a mountain lion. SHe actually saw it kill a rabbit and since the sighting, there have been no more rabbits and turkeys in their backyard.

F&G is scheduled to come out this week to look around for tracks/etc.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I think she's seeing a bobcat.

Set up a trail camera.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I saw one in worthington 5 yrs ago, NOT one person can tell me otherwise as I hunted them out west in the 80's, and know exactly what they look like. The rangers there did confirm then that there were many reports of them specially during a big drought as they easily cross over from PA where they have confirmed their existence. I should have inquired as the F&G regulations regarding shooting one.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Wow,between these big cats,and now wild boars,coyotes,and big bears,I don't know if I feel safe in the woods anymore!
[confused]
Better bring my 10 gauge with me!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Allaire and New Bedford intersection is less than a quarter mile from the Wall police dept. and with all the patrol cars coming and going in that area, if something such as a "unusual" animal were being sighted in tha area, I'm sure it wouldn't be long for one of the cops, seeing it.
Even if a "pet" large cat where inhabiting that area, more sightings would have been reported in such a heavily populated area. There's an elementary school, senior citizen complex, shopping center, municiple complex, and huge soccer fields, all of which, thousands of sets of eyes view daily.
There's as many rabbits there as ever, the only turkeys are at Hinck's turkey farm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know there have been few seen up in Sussex County, but I don't know about down there, I suppose anything is possible..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts