1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
HOLY CRAP! [up][smirk]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
He said he was going to have the fish displayed in an aquarium, but it died enroute. Cabelas said it would make fibergl [no swearing please] replicas for the stores and he is hoping he gets one of those.
Be the way. Who has the fryer and corn bread?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The current world's largest blue catfish that was caught January 16, 2004, in Lake Texoma, Texas.
That fish in Texas 2004:

After weighing the fish at a local tackle shop on Friday — at the urging of game warden Dale Moses — Mullennix donated the fish to the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens.

The fish is in a tank at the TPWD facility, where it will be put on display at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center's popular aquarium.

NOTE: The 121 Lb World Record Blue Catfish caught in Texas at Lake Texoma in 2004 was caught on 20 Lb Monofilament fishing line!!!

GOOD PIC OF THE "OLD" RECORD ARE AT:
http://espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/s/f_fea_cat_blue_record_121-8_Burkhead.html

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That would be one helluva fiahgt trying to "noodle" a fish that big!!!!

My friend from Missouri (now living in NJ) says that when hey noodled cats, they wore mini-spear guns on there forearms, and shot the fish.

I told him that even little girls noodled w/o a spear gun, as evidenced in hkdonfishn's post with the video of Babes Gone Noodlin!!! :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
I said a year ago or so that you're going to see a lot more guys going after big cats. It is a really under utilized resource as far as I'm concerned. So many guys go after bass, trout, etc. But have you ever heard a fisherman who specializes in cats. I know a few spots to catch some pretty big channels in summer. I'll post up some pics after I hit it.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I love cat fishing. Where?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts