New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reposted for Ducati[up] (please keep this one on topic;))

My neighbor called me this morning at 6:30 a.m. to tell me about the big buck with a broken leg in her backyard. She was hoping that I would come over and shoot it. I had a long day ahead of me helping my buddy install a boiler in Jersey City. I grabbed my camera and walked across the street. I took a quick picture, but the buck was about 50 yards away, downhill and it was still a little dark out. He turned to get away. As soon as he started walking, he began to swing his rear left leg, and I could see his pelvis move! I turned around because I didn't want this buck to run off. I saw my neighbor and told her to call the cops. I had to go. I can't hunt in my neighborhood due to the close proximity of homes, and a few anti's in the area, but I would have shot him in a second due to his severe injury. He looked very thin and weak, I hope he was put down. I'll find out in the morning. I saw this buck about 3 weeks ago at 4 a.m. after my dog went CRAZY by the front door. He NEVER has done that before, so I jumped out of bed, turned on my porch lights and saw this guy turn and run. What a shame.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Update

buck has not been spotted again. Neighbor failed to call the police who would have contacted animal control. I went looking for him through the neighbors yards. No sign whatsoever. It's obvious he has a serious injury, as when he turned away he had to lift his back and aggressively swing his leg (stiff with no bend) around. His belly is empty. He'll be dead soon. [down]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts