·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20141124_170428-1.jpg

20141124_170328[1].jpg

20141124_171015-1[1].jpg

MFDC8817.jpg

Shot this buck last night at 4:50 pm. I had about fifteen does all around me all night cleaning up leftover pumpkins from Halloween. Around 4:15 pm I notice some of the does getting nervous and looking out in the field. I get my binoculars and scan the field and I notice this buck about 150 yards away. I grunted to him thinking that I might make him jealous of another buck around all his does but no dice. He stared contently into the woods. That is when I noticed the doe bedding down in the grass. Just as I noticed her two small button bucks went to the buck to investigate and bumped the doe up. She b-lined it straight for me then veered off at the last second. I started ranging all the different spots he could come so I was ready. I thought she was going to lead him away like all the other times big bucks were chasing does but this time was different. She came trotting into 30 yards but the buck stayed at 40 yards. Figuring this was going to be my only opportunity I pulled back and settled my pin while I squeezed off the shot. I thought I hit him high. But after I noticed the does staring at something in the field I pulled up the binoculars and noticed a big horn sticking up. Smoked him! He ran about 50 yards and dropped in the field. I am almost positive that this is the same buck that Little M posted at his shotgun spot. Hell of a deer. 9 pointer with a 18" inside spread. Must of been rutting hard because he only weighed 150 lbs.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Very nice...congrats!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Congratulations, that's a nice rack.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Real nice buck thanks for sharing the story.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts