New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The big 6pt that I've been after is still alive and well. Season is almost done. I may try to go if we another snow storm. Ive passed this deer for the past 2 years and has always been a 6. He is getting smarter with age. Ive yet to see him in person this season. Only on my cam once in day light. If he lives till next season he could be a enormous 6pt.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Nice! I had pulled most of my cameras because, I was not able to go deer hunting for the last three weeks or so. I'm going to put them back out tomorrow to see if there are any nice bucks that survived. It's my late season buck survey.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Cool buck.

Reactions: Buck154

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Nice to know what is still alive for next season
QUOTE=Tarhunt;2628265]Nice! I had pulled most of my cameras because, I was not able to go deer hunting for the last three weeks or so. I'm going to put them back out tomorrow to see if there are any nice bucks that survived. It's my late season buck survey.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
He will be a brute next year. Myself and two other guys passed up at least a dozen different bucks where we hunted this year. It seems that all of them are gone now, nothing but does even at night on the trailcams. seems we passed them up and the neighbors did not.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He will be a brute next year. Myself and two other guys passed up at least a dozen different bucks where we hunted this year. It seems that all of them are gone now, nothing but does even at night on the trailcams. seems we passed them up and the neighbors did not.

You know if some of us dont pass them they will not have a chance to be bigger. 90% bigger bucks killed by 10% of the hunters

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I would bet they have just moved into an area that all of you have not been frequenting.
They pattern us better than we do them.
and If its where I think your talking about there is alot of space over there where they can stay and not get bothered

Reactions: X7_

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Deer been moving midday 11am til dark now he's got to be living somewhere and he won't lay all day long
He might be. Its hard to hunt mid day. I work till 2 and do a lot of trapping on my days off. I have 2 stands about mile and half apart(one road in between). He has only been to the 2nd stand 2 times in the past 2 years. Slowly trying to figure them out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts