New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday was the day that reflects the title of the thread. Me, and My Loves, (gf, and three Shepherds) made the move to America, PA That is. We moved here a few weeks ago but the day i speak of was yesterday. Shortly after i became a PA resident i did the first thing any AMERICAN would do and applied for my concealed carry license. 20 bucks and 15 mins later i was finally allowed to protect myself, unlike communist Jersey would ever care for. Moving on, i do not know if any of you heard but yesterday there was a multiple victim shooting reported in my area and the suspect was on the loose. He was reported 7 mins on foot away from where i live. For once in my life i was able to legally arm myself wherever i shall go to protect myself and loved ones from a situation that could unfold through the fucked up ways of someone like this guy. Through out the night i stayed vigilant (also another point i want to make because the act of remaining vigilant came direct from local authorities) in jersey they would tell you to stay inside and never confront the perpetrator. Regardless the night was uneventful murderer wise but the night came to a halt when we lost track of our youngest shepherd who chased a deer onto the main road and was killed by a speeding car. Its crazy how shit can change in a flash of a moment. It also made me realize that places such as New Jersey do not give a shit about you or your families well being. Here, i can attempt to defend myself. Today i ran my errands with my pistol, loaded with hornady hollow points, sitting on my truck seat.

The guy 7 mins away from me was approached by the individual with a knife demanding keys to his vehicle while he was walking his dog. Luckily he was a concealed carry and fired at the guy (hitting him or not i do not know) regardless it feels good to feel American. I never felt this way for the 29 years i lived in New Jersey.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
sorry to hear about your family member (dog) :sad: on a brighter note,congrats on actually being able to enjoy your constitutional right. [up]

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
sorry about your dog!!! geez that sucks!! one thing a new ccw holder should really take to heart is DONT GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. seriously shooting somebody shoud be avoided at nearly all costs hahah. if some perp asked me for my keys and I was carrying id give him my keys and let the insurance company give me a new car. if he wanted to take my keys plus a beat down for fun that's different.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry about the dog that's terrible but it's good that you moved out of Germany. Congrats on the freedom!!!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Sorry about your shepherd I had a concealed carry in pa before I moved back to nj. Be very careful. Be sure to read the manual about concealed carry and areas that you can not carry.

Reactions: MxRider18

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
sorry about your dog. I had to put my dog down a week ago. Heartbreaking

Reactions: MxRider18
1 - 13 of 13 Posts