New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a few arrows that need some repair. I've tried removing a fletching with a razor blade and though it works, there's gotta be a better way to remove it on a carbon arrow!!!

And while we're on the subject, which fletchings should I use as replacements??! [confused]

These are target arrows...

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Zip Strip by Norway Industries. It is the best money can buy and does the job real well. I don't own one because it's $30.00 but I hear there is nothing better.
That said I use a vane stripping tool made by bohning I think, it does it fast and well even though it was bought cheaply on Archeytalk.com.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I use a razor but you have to be careful. I too clean up the arrow with a little acetone after removing vane.

2barrel,what glue are you using with the Norway fusions?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I use Zing Primer and blue top gorilla glue super glue. Its a rubberized super glue. Has great shock resistance and some flex. Its the best I've used at a fraction of the cost. And you can buy it anywhere. Keep in the fridge. Will last a long time. Even though fusion vane say it don't need primer. Use the Zing. After fletching up, let sit overnight. You wont be disappointed. Also make sure your shafts are really clean of all deposits left from the previous fletching.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If you use a wrap when you refletch it makes things a lot easier the next time around.( just use a hair drier to peel everything off)
To me, the wraps are to heavy making the F.O.C. of your arrow go to hell. Add a lighted nock on the ass end of the arrow with the wrap and you tell me what your F.O.C. is ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.