New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Nikon Omega scope for my T/C Omega and am bewildered by the choices for scope rings and bases. Does it make a big difference what I choose? Any recommendations? Also, is this something I should have done by a gunsmith or a DIY project?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I have the quick-detach Warnes on my ProHunter.[up] Put them on myself with a Nikon Omega BDC scope. BTW, the quick-detach comes in handy when you have to flush the barrel with hot soapy water.

Also, if you're not confident in doing it yourself, most retailers with install the scope for free if you bought the scope and rings from them.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
if possible an all steel weaver style base like T/C Maxima.also go w/ an all steel ring.if you want quick deatch try Leupold QRW.
if you don't care about removing the scope,try a permanent ring like Burris zee rings or Leupold PRW.

aluminum are cheaper but not as duarble IMO.talley makes a one piece aluminum base w/ built in rings that is popular.however that model offers no options of ring spacing and you may not be able to acheive perfect eye relief.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.