New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for auction is a very nice and very rare Beretta Silver Hawk 10 Gauge Side by Side Shotgun. These shotguns are extremely scarce and not many were ever manufactured. This is one of the few 10 gauge shotguns that Beretta has ever made. This shotgun was manufactured by Beretta in Italy. The barrels measure roughly 31.5 inches in length. This shotgun will shoot the 10 gauge 3.5 inch magnum shells. Both barrels are being full choke on. This shotgun has been used but it does not appear to have been fired all that much. The bores are nice and bright with no signs of corrosion. The lock up on this shotgun is nice and tight. This shotgun does have the double triggers. The front sight is a bead style sight. The receiver is a beautiful stainless nickel color and is engraved. There are beautiful engravings on the right side, the left side the top and the bottom of the receiver. All of this is factory engraving. The bluing on the barrels is also in good condition showing handling marks from general use. The bluing is 98% beautiful deep blue color from the factory. The wood is gloss finished medium honey tone color. The stock is hand checkered. The wood is 85% shows some handling marks and light finish wear from general use. There are not any cracks in the wood.The shotgun performs flawlessly.The forearm is also hand checkered and shows some handling marks, but nothing major from general use. Please ask any questions before bidding, all sales are final. The Beretta Silver Hawk model in 10 gauge does not come up for sale often. When they do, they sell quickly to collector's and shooters alike. This shotgun was scarcely manufactured and very few were ever imported into the United States. These shotguns will only continue to appreciate in value as the 687EELL Beretta 627,471,451. This shotgun would make an excellent addition to anyone's collection or would make a great bird hunting shotgun for someone. This is a rare opportunity to add a Beretta 10 Gauge to your collection or the the goose gun arsenal. I have it on Gunbroker.com, but will entertain offers higher than $1750.00 to end auction for it.

For pics copy and past link below

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/849423384

·
Registered
956 Posts
"This shotgun would make an excellent addition to anyone's collection or would make a great bird hunting shotgun for someone." Really, a 10 ga for birds ?

Reactions: slayer1962

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
The silver hawk is a very low end beretta it's a 500.00 gun. That gun will be there a long time. I think someone bumped their head

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You obviously know nothing about Beretta Smitty. It is not the basic silver hawk.. If you do your research these guns command top dollar, they were hand engraved and had Antinit Boehler steel and chopper lump barrels... I am sure you don't know what either of those things are without googling it... Keep our opinions to yourself if you are not interested.. idiot..

You can't buy a Stoeger condor sxs for $500.00..

PS.. Show me all the Silver Hawks for the money you say and I will buy all of them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
RPK0620 Isn't a goose a bird??? How about a Turkey?? Is that a bird, oh lets not forget ducks, are they birds.. I MUST GO BACK THE SCHOOL FOR SCIENCE! I THOUGHT THESE WERE ALL BIRDS FOR THE LONGEST TIME.. 10ga guns are used heavily in waterfowl and turkey. I see you're buddies with Smitty, 2 experts...[confusedagain]

Secondly, in England hunters use 10ga shotguns for pigeon shoots.. because of the heavy weight..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My gun isn't in perfect condition like the one for 3500.00 but it is pretty nice condition, bluing 98%, Wood 85%. No cracks, dings or metal imperfections. I can send more pics. I have a buy now of 2k with an opening bid of 1750.00. I felt that was a fair price for a quick sale..

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
My gun isn't in perfect condition like the one for 3500.00 but it is pretty nice condition, bluing 98%, Wood 85%. No cracks, dings or metal imperfections. I can send more pics. I have a buy now of 2k with an opening bid of 1750.00. I felt that was a fair price for a quick sale..
How does it compare to the one on Gun Brokers that just sold for $1599.00?

·
Registered
956 Posts
RPK0620 Isn't a goose a bird??? How about a Turkey?? Is that a bird, oh lets not forget ducks, are they birds.. I MUST GO BACK THE SCHOOL FOR SCIENCE! I THOUGHT THESE WERE ALL BIRDS FOR THE LONGEST TIME.. 10ga guns are used heavily in waterfowl and turkey. I see you're buddies with Smitty, 2 experts...[confusedagain]

Secondly, in England hunters use 10ga shotguns for pigeon shoots.. because of the heavy weight..
Most all of the people I hunt and converse with when they refer to bird hunting they usually mean pheasant, chukar or quail and when they go for goose, duck or turkey they refer to them as such primarily because of the gauge of the gun you will be using along with the appropriate shells.

Also I'm not from England so I can't comment on why they would use such a large gun on such a small bird when you can get a very nice SxS in 12 ga that weighs heavy also.

And I'm not friends with Smitty and don't consider myself an "expert".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Actually it sold for over 1700.00 and I would say comparable.. That was a good deal on that gun.. I have been seeing them sell for much more. I had 2 of these, and sold the other one 2yrs ago for 2400.00.
I don't live in NJ anymore but I used to hunt deer with these with buckshot. Devastating to say the least.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I am just perturbed when individuals that are not interested in a firearm or post, have to post something negative on someones post to sabotage someone.... Especially when it is false allegations. It is rude and not factual. 10ga guns have been around a long time and were and still are being produced for a reason.. Because when used for the appropriate quarry, they trump the 12ga.. and yes, even the 3.5" 12ga.

This is a fine shotgun, hand engraved by Beretta's master engravers from 1957... this is not some junk sxs that Smitty states... Prices reflect this online.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
A picture would have precluded a lot of accusations. My Father had a Silver Hawke 12 ga with 30" barrels. It had silver receivers and beautiful engraving. He bought it about 50years ago and probably paid around $300 then. It's a beautiful gun and pretty rare as far as I know. I never knew they made a 10 ga.
His had double triggers which I think are great. It threw buckshot like you wouldn't believe.
If you were selling a 12 ga I may have bought it since I love the gun so much.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Beretta SxS 10ga Silver Haw

A picture would have precluded a lot of accusations. My Father had a Silver Hawke 12 ga with 30" barrels. It had silver receivers and beautiful engraving. He bought it about 50years ago and probably paid around $300 then. It's a beautiful gun and pretty rare as far as I know. I never knew they made a 10 ga.
His had double triggers which I think are great. It threw buckshot like you wouldn't believe.
If you were selling a 12 ga I may have bought it since I love the gun so much.
ther is a 12 on gun broker now like mint for 825.00 and if you shop around you might even do better I have had a few over the years an drew they were a tuff sale I never got 800.00. Welp hope a was of help archer

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
ther is a 12 on gun broker now like mint for 825.00 and if you shop around you might even do better I have had a few over the years an drew they were a tuff sale I never got 800.00. Welp hope a was of help archer
I would never buy a used gun unless I can hold it in my hands.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts