New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to do you guys think of a beginners hunt? It would be similiar to the Youth Hunt. I am thinking of trying to set something like it up. I am wondering your opinions before I contact the state. I was thinking the website could sponsor it. I would try to get some of the commercial preserves and game farms to donate birds for advertisement. I think it could be an enjoyable day. Opinions please.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
ill hand out some newjerseyhunter.com business cards with your email and info regarding the hunt...i would volunteer for it..sounds like a good idea! [up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now I am looking for state cotacts to see if it could even be done on state land.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mystic.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
good idea, way to promote. the state should want to go along with that, more hunters means more money for them. the problem that i see occuring though, if your refering to beginners as someone with no license then im sure the state is going to put the volunteers, who take these beginners, to go through some sort of cl [no swearing please] which may turn off volunteers. but great idea, good luck with it. keep me updated

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to have it offered to the ones that just completed the hunters ed course. I think we can get the volunteers.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
as a beginner I would love the hunt, sounds like a great idea!!!!! I always wanted to try pheasant hunting but I dont have a dog, and Im lucky I'm figuring out how to deer hunt let alone another game animal.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drome, where would you like to have it? Where are you located?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Is this beginners bird hunting? Faster moving targets than a deer??? Man I think all beginners will need help with that! Sounds like a great idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts