New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends,

With the lack of jobs out there I have started to give guitar and drum lessons again. I offer guitar lessons for adults only in my home, and I offer both guitar and drum lessons in the music store where I give lessons in Washington Twp, right off RT 31 in Warren Cty. for both adults and kids. (These days being so screwed up, I will not give kids lessons in my home)

My style of teaching method is not boring music book theory, but teaching you by doing and using the songs and music you want to learn. With guitar I will have you playing songs in a couple lessons. With drums, you will learn some fundamentals, rudiments, and quickly move to the drum set.

I my lessons are generally based on Classic Rock, Blues, Classic Country, Country Rock, and more. Whatever your in to. Acoustic or electric guitar. First introductory lesson free. Plus some other specials I am offering. Check out the website I just built if interested. Discount for my friends!

http://tspenn.com/boomer/

Thanks folks, any referrals appreciated. Need a new bow for next year and gotta a lot of bills to pay first!

TS

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Good luck! I'm a middle school music teacher, and I teach guitar at school. Do me a favor...please don't just teach them to play just using tab for their favorite songs. Do that to start, but then teach them how to actually read chord charts & such so that they can figure out how to play songs that they don't know. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck! I'm a middle school music teacher, and I teach guitar at school. Do me a favor...please don't just teach them to play just using tab for their favorite songs. Do that to start, but then teach them how to actually read chord charts & such so that they can figure out how to play songs that they don't know. Thanks!
I just start out teaching a few open chords to get them going, and eventually, like you said move to chord charts so they can learn the stuff they want. It motivates them. There is a high turnover if the student is not enjoying it whether an adult or a kid.

Thanks! TS

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Do me a favor DO NOT give my grandaughter drum lessons [rofl]

All kiddin aside Tracy good luck [up]

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do me a favor DO NOT give my grandaughter drum lessons
Also teach percussion, Conga, and such. If she insists, get her an electronic set, a good set is setup just like a normal drum set but with rubber pads instead of drums. They sound great but you can plug in headphones and the pads make harly any noise. If she wants she plugs them into a guitar amp and they sound as good a traditional set. Lots of pro drummers use them these days.

Bang Bang Grampa! LOL!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
These days being so screwed up, I will not give kids lessons in my home)
Damn...I was hoping you'd take my 5 & 9 yr old for a few hours each day! I need the break!!![cry].

Too far anyway, but good luck to you![up]

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too bad I could teach ya all the guitar part to Deliverance! [hihi] Just kidding bro. I'd just let those rugrats run up and down the mountain with Gunny a few times, then they'd sleep for hours!

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the O'Brother DVD! [hihi]

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Filmed in the Piney Land, NJ

[smoke]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts