New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine Thur. morning and my bud got his this morning. Here's a pic with both of them hanging out together a few weeks back.
My buddies spiker had a buckshot hole in his front leg(I'd like to see buckshot done away with), which was busted up. He came past him about an hour after light, with two other small bucks and 10 doe.
We drove around Millstone this afternoon and there were does all over the developements. Most of them were nice size, hope they are expecting in the spring.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Congratulations!

That is neat to have a photo of them feeding.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the one I was hoping to connect with, but never got to see him in the flesh.
Gotta wonder if he's still on the hoof. Would love to get a crack with the bow at him.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Buckshot is not the problem. Is the jerks that want to strech the barrel. No different then a slug gun in the hands of a jerk who takes 200 yards shot.
Congratulations on both of the deers.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Buckshot is not the problem. Is the jerks that want to strech the barrel. No different then a slug gun in the hands of a jerk who takes 200 yards shot.
Congratulations on both of the deers.
I agree,people need to know the limitations of their selective weapons and practice sound judgement!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Nothing like a 10 gauge BPS with a 28 inch barrel. Wow when she talks all the deers listen. I hit them with slugs at 70 yards and they run. I hit them with a load of 00 and they drop.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
just beginning hunting I thought hey a rifled slug barrel with sabots must be the way to go. I got to witness a deer get hit with buckshot the other night and I'll tell you Tommy used buckshot and the deer dropped instantly, I used a slug and it still ran a ways. Only difference is I was able to reach out to a deer 75 yards in a field, the buckshot was half the distance.

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
MEAT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.