New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting into bee keeping this comming season and I was wondering if anybody had any boxes that they are looking to part with.

I am just starting out, and in need of some advice that comes along with used supplies.

If anybody has an old hive (with or without bees) that they are looking to get rid of I would be interested in buying it off you, or trading for fresh maple syrup[hihi]

Thanks

Let Me Know

Located in Morris County but willing to drive a reasonable distance.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Let me tell you before you start its not easy.
I dont do it personally but a friend of mine keeps them. For years he had no problems. Right around 2000 is when trouble hit, first mites, then cell phone towers, and now the most recent is pesticides on farm crops (not the spray but the plants that have a pesticide in their genes). Now he is lucky to keep them alive for 1 year.

As for supplies he is a member of nj bee keeping association and he always is getting his equipment through other members for free or cheap.

also bees are hard to come by because of these recent problems in NJ so normally you have to mail order them, or get on a waiting list.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts