New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rockaway Township resident who's dog was mauled by a bear two weeks ago said F&W trapped a bear Wednesday night. The bear was conditioned to stay away from humans and released. An earlier trap had been broken by a bear and 4 houses were visited by bears in her area during the week.
Funny how that bear attack never made the papers! The DEP is so crooked it's not funny! [mad]
There is no bear problem in NJ yet the DEP is starting bear information programs in South Jersey because bears are spreading down there! The bears aren't heading down south because they want to do some gambling in A.C.! They are running out of room up North because of over population problems and are being forced South! Great job your doing there Campble!![mad][mad][down][mad][mad]

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The thing that really bothers me about them not reporting the attack is I've come to find out that it was not far from my daughters school. She also has her soccer practice's there and we don't live far from the attack either! It would be nice to know if there is a problem bear in the area! Keeping the public well informed about whats going on around them has to be a part of bear problem prevention! The more eye's on the woods behined the school and soccer fields while the kids are there the less chance of an attack I think! The more people that know about a problem bear in the area the more eyes on the woods!
Stopping hunters from hunting bears for political gain is bad enough but to put my family at a higher level of risk to help cover thier tracks (because they don't want too much bad bear press) Is just irresponsible! [mad] Campbell needs to go!!![down]

·
Registered
612 Posts
It would be interesting to know if that dog was outside with the homeowner or kids and was trying to protect them. Anybody have an article on it? It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt... again. If I were you I would be nervous as well Jim... so stay safe man.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Someone suggested shoving marshmallows and donuts up Campbell's a** and using him as bait.

I heard MCGreevy volunteered.:p

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
May 2005 issue of Outdoor Life, page 26 Jim Zumbo's article entitled "Black Bear Boom". Good read regarding the exploding black Bear boom in the east. As far as the Campbell thing, fight him in everyway you can. Keep tabs on everything you can about him. Put pressure on his boss's come September when the politicians start campaigning for November. How about one of you guy's up north start getting signatures from people living in bear hazard area's. What is thier take on this subject. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. If you start getting signatures now a few each week you should have plenty come September. Also, wait till them sows start having thier cubs and the summer hiking season is in full swing. Think their won't be any close calls or worse. I don't think you should fear bears, just respect them. It would be impossible to get all the hunters of NJ to show up at the DEP headquaters, but putting a petition in a few sports shops with a signature line on it would be better then nothing. Bitching to 170+ outdoorsman and women is not the way to get this man out of office. Gary Alt took an early retirement in PA, because of such a negative response from the sportsman of PA. I personal think he was doing the right thing, but he need to adjust a few things. An how Bradley Campbell has to go. I hope he reads this. My name is Ryan Jay Cooper.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree that it is and has been time to keep a close eye on Campbell and find things to use against him! This man does not do whats right for nature! He does what he thinks is right for his career! His office will hear from me again and I will look for other ways to let him know how we as hunters, anglers and outdoors men and women feel.
As far as bitching to 170+ people about it thats not what I was doing. I was simply sharing a story with everyone here and giving my points of view on the topic. Thats one of the things this board is for....

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dog was an Australian Cattle Dog. The dog spent 2 nights in the Alliance Emergency Veterinary Clinic in Randolph recovering from claw wounds. One paper said it didn't run the story because it couldn't get police confirmation on the attack! Total BS if you ask me....[mad]

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Jim, I apoligize if it sounded like I was saying, "You were bitching". What I meant was Letting the people hear know about what is going on is a mute point as they already know. Inform people that don't hunt. People that are to busy with other things in life to realize what is going on in there backyard.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just wait until mountain lions start to move into this area (which is concievable)... can you imagine the AR people then.

"I see no evidence that those 5 people were eaten by a mountain lion... it was probably a rabid housecat."

[mad][mad][mad]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts