New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The div website added the sat totals. As of right now, 464 total. Considering there were less permits sold this year, and the weather on wed, not bad. Wait to see how the anti's twist this one

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
The div website added the sat totals.
literally seconds after i looked lol

Pretty darn good considering the weather reports that scared guys off for two days

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Yeah its the weather but the seasons too late. Most bears are denned up especially with bad acorn crop this year. I had 11 bears on cam in november started baiting for them right before thanksgivig by the time the season came 1 and he got shot. Guessing the other ones denned up need an earlier season if you want to put a real dent in pop

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
As of right now, 464 total. Considering there were less permits sold this year, and the weather on wed, not bad. Wait to see how the anti's twist this one

Actually there were more permits issued this year than last (9076 vs. 6680), but keep in mind that many hunters this year took a 2nd zone permit (available for the 1st time) but were still limited to taking one bear.
Undoubtedly weather & scarce hard mast were the limiting factors in this years lower bear kill.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Undoubtedly weather & scarce hard mast were the limiting factors in this years lower bear kill
No doubt that the mast crop and weather played a part....but also you gotta wonder since this was out first back to back season, how many guys that got a bear last year were holding out for a big bear this year and passing up on yearlings and smaller sows

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can say this..I bought permits previous years to supprt the hunt..This year myself n Sonia hunted them..I devoted my 6 day to bear..n cant wait to do it again..

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I bought em last year even though I knew I wouldnt be able to hunt them , just out of support for the hunt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts