New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nov 28, 2005 1:49 pm US/Eastern
(1010 WINS) (TRENTON) Two animal groups filed suit Monday to stop New Jersey's second black bear hunt in 35 years.

The Animal Rights Alliance and the Bear Education and Resource Group claim the state's bear management plan is flawed.

Bruins increasingly have come into contact with people outside their usual stomping grounds in the relatively rural, northern areas of the state.

The hunt is to take place in a roughly 1,600 square-mile territory in north Jersey from Dec. 5 to Dec. 10.

The Sierra Club, while not part of the suit, has been applying political pressure on acting Gov. Codey to halt the hunt. Governor-elect Corzine said during the campaign for governor that he opposes a bear hunt.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Say goodbye to that hunt. Freak'in libarals:p[smirk][mad]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be supposably heard on Friday at 11:00am.

Personally, I will not be around any news or media outlet from friday-friday of the following week.

I'll be hunting bear.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I hate to say it but you better make srue it's still on before you go if not you could be in for some trouble. we need to keep an eye out.

G

·
I hate to say it but you better make srue it's still on before you go if not you could be in for some trouble. we need to keep an eye out.
you do have a point, cause the courts always give to the ARA groups, cause they are like whinning, crying baby, to shut them up is to give them there way

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a hunters responsibility to know local game laws and to have proper permits. It is NOT our responsibility to watch the news the night before a hunt to see if it is still on. Does anyone do that before any other season??

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Blood it is up to us to make sure. Especialy in a contraversal season like this. Pardon my missspells. Cause permit or no a warden WILL arrest you for poaching! if the hunt is called off. And I hate to say it if it's gonna get called it'll be friday afternoon And I'm sure you'll hear about it.

·
Banned
137 Posts
hey guys...I really don't think it will be called off. It took the DEP Commish on our side last year to stop it. BUt if you think back to 2003 the lawsuits were unsuccessful.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
One can only hope for reason to prevail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.