New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I SAW MY FIRST BEAR THIS MORNING!!!!![up] :D :) [cool] I was up in milford on a service call and on my way back down here, i was driving past stokes park, and a bear was standing right in the middle of a logging road with 2 cubs!! Big sow I assume. This is the first time i saw a bear in the wild, and I got excited like it was the first time i ever harvested a deer!!!!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Nice there are alot up there. [up]:)

B

·
0 Posts
IMB21, You finally saw a bear!!!! Thats about 10 mins from where I hunt, I'm futher north

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
My wife is still trying to see her first bear. She said she would be willing to go deer hunting. Maybe she will get her chance. If not we will stick to hiking and fishing.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
yeah...first time you see one its a GAS. I saw one in Zone 6 (farny SP) about 7 years ago. I was rounding a bend during some pre-deer season scouting. The bear came out of the brush onto a trail just as I turned the corner. We were maybe 15-20 yds apart (and as a bowhunter I can tell ya...that ain't far!) Anyhow..I don't know who was more scared...and to this day I don't have a memory of where it went..all I know is..there it was, there it wasn't....and I looked over my shoulder the whoooollllleee time out of the woods.

·
Registered
612 Posts
When I was turkey hunting last week I came across a bear den, unoccupied ofcourse. The hole leading into it was pretty small (probably 18" to 24" in diameter) but the inside was pretty big.

·
11,226 Posts
It's amazing those big old bears can sqeeze through those little openings....I know of 2 dens that are used every year and the openings are not very big at all. If not for the bear tracks I wouldn't think it was a bear den...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts