New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm US/Eastern Black Bear Snatches NJ Family's Pet Rabbit
WAYNE, N.J. (CBS)

A large black bear wandered from the nearby woods and stumbled upon a family's house in Wayne and their beloved pet, snatching it out of its pen Wednesday.

"I glanced out and I see this black figure in the woods," said homeowner Ann Cassera. "All of sudden he went for the rabbit coop, and he knocked it over and lifted the top off and grabbed in for the rabbit that was sitting there."

It appears the bear's main objective was getting the rabbit. As soon as he opened the cage he grabbed the rabbit and left the food that was inside untouched.

"He pulled it out and the rabbit was squirming and he just took off with it," Cassera said.

"It was very scary," added homeowner Christina Cassera.

The scene was scary and odd, according to animal control officer Lysa De Laurentis. "Normally that's not something they would do...I think it was just something that happened. It doesn't happen everyday."

In fact, most residents here haven't seen a bear in years.

"You don't expect it here. You expect it out in more rural areas," said Jim Kash.

Town authorities were not searching for the bear that stole Charlie, but if he keeps coming back he might have to be relocated somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Rugman lost his pet rabbit to a bear a couple of months ago. [down][down]

Its a damn shame when the politics in this state care more about bears than they do about someone owning a pet. [down] Its only a matter of time before someone kid gets it. [wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
"wait they are keeping the garbage and pets away from us lets start eating them"
Thats what is gonna happen.

Bears LOVE rabbits. Netcong had 1 bear already get some rabbits this spring, and I would bet my house it will happen again this fall. Every year they come by and grab a few rabbits.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I wonder what the animal right people think about this. I hope it was Lisa Jacksons rabbit

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
"Normally that's not something they would do...I think it was just something that happened. It doesn't happen everyday."
Next time i get pulled over for speeding im going to tell the officer this. If it makes sense to the state, then it should work for me, right?

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Next time "charlie" wont be a pet rabbit....."charlie" will be somebody's kid playing in the yard. First garbage cans, now it's dont let your pets outside, what's next become a recluse and be a hostage in your own home at the governor's order.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Next time "charlie" wont be a pet rabbit....."charlie" will be somebody's kid playing in the yard. First garbage cans, now it's dont let your pets outside, what's next become a recluse and be a hostage in your own home at the governor's order.
It is becoming that way quickly,I swear if My family or i get attacked the bear will die then I will sue the state and several people indipendantly for gross negligence.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The bear didn't "steal Charlie". He ripped the rabbit out of the cage and brought it to the woods where he ate it alive. Cute, gentile creatures....
nooooooo......the "dolphin of the woods" LIBERATED his fellow woodland creature from it's cruel captivity and now they both live happily ever after in the "Meadow of Sunshine, Puppies, Rainbows and Unicorns" safe and secure from teh evul humanz and took his new friend to Sonic for lunch.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
[up] They're probably eating tofu together and playing in the meadows with all the other cute animals.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.