New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we are fortunate enough to have another NJ bear hunt this year, and you are lucky enough to get a bear; here is a link that should help you skin your bear properly. This way if you decide to get a full body mount, or a rug made, you wont have to make your taxidermist mad.;) If you have never caped out a head before, just freeze the head and hide for your taxidermist.

Good luck all!!!

Click here for simple directions on how to skin a bear.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive never heard of the back skinned way. Im good friends with a "retired" taxidermist too, I guess I should ask more questions.:D He has at least 6 bears in his house that he has taken from PA to Canada bow and gun!!!! I remembered asking him how I would skin a bear in 2003 for a rug, and he said; "Thats why Im here".:D[up] Gotta love having help like that!:)

Kris, hopefully I can help you skin one out on Monday, and help Jim skin one out on Tuesday. [up] Jim are you camera shy? If Kris tags out early enough, I will be filming you (if you want me to)![up][up]

B

·
0 Posts
Taxidermist I know always say skin from the back, you have more hair there to cover the stiching

1 - 5 of 5 Posts