New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the Vernon forum on NJ.Com. Does anyone have any detail or can verify this is true? The person said this:

Does anyone have information about a bear being shot down Cherry Ridge Road off of Canistear? Apparently a neighbor told me Wednesday evening before 5 pm 7-22-09, a woman came home to see a bear's head peering through her window. He broke in her home when away. Police responded and the bear was shot and killed! Anyone else hear this? ~thanks~

·
Registered
714 Posts
i live less than 1 mile from there.... i never herd any thing,or any shots!!!!! i have 3 differet bears that vist my yard on almost a daily bases.I have seen all 3 this week already.but i will try to notice if one is not around any more...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I live a couple blocks from there,it wouldnt surprise me at all. As a matter of fact in the last 2 days this little guy has been wandering kinda aimless around my neighborhood.Possibly a cub from the bear that had been shot. Who knows.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
At first glance I thaught you were joking with one of those silloettes everyone has up here. Then I really looked and its real.[hihi]

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thats an awsome pic 1badshot[up]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Honest,its a real bear. He is small, maybe 100 lbs and kinda rough looking-very thin. The weird thing is that he's wandering around like he's lost.

·
Registered
714 Posts
the bear in the picture,is it tagged in both ears or not at all? there is one thats been around since spring with no tags,he is kind of small.about(150-175)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts