New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the Vernon forum on NJ.Com. Does anyone have any detail or can verify this is true? The person said this:

Does anyone have information about a bear being shot down Cherry Ridge Road off of Canistear? Apparently a neighbor told me Wednesday evening before 5 pm 7-22-09, a woman came home to see a bear's head peering through her window. He broke in her home when away. Police responded and the bear was shot and killed! Anyone else hear this? ~thanks~

· Registered
714 Posts
i live less than 1 mile from there.... i never herd any thing,or any shots!!!!! i have 3 differet bears that vist my yard on almost a daily bases.I have seen all 3 this week already.but i will try to notice if one is not around any more...

· Registered
1,085 Posts
I live a couple blocks from there,it wouldnt surprise me at all. As a matter of fact in the last 2 days this little guy has been wandering kinda aimless around my neighborhood.Possibly a cub from the bear that had been shot. Who knows.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Honest,its a real bear. He is small, maybe 100 lbs and kinda rough looking-very thin. The weird thing is that he's wandering around like he's lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.