New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot at the bear with three slugs, pretty sure i got 2 good shots at about 1600.

Found and tracked the blood trail in the evening of 12/8 until about 2100, then lost the trail and stopped. Started again around 0730 and picked up on blood trail again. Followed it onto Tilcon quarry (with permission), then lost the trail again.

I have to call the search off today, not sure if i can get back into Tilcon to search again. The quarry is HUGE and like trying to find a needle in a haystack at this point. Could have gone a number of directions. I hate to give up on this guy.

If anyone spots a downed bear in the Rockaway/Tilcon area, send me a PM please, Thank You!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Found a bear today between Dingmans bridge and Milford bridge on Fed property about 300 lbs. No visible gunshots to the bruin, but laying at the base of a large hemlock tree that had broken branches about 14-15ft up. Thinking it fell, had blood in its eyes so I think it had internal damages

·
Registered
557 Posts
Keep looking your'll find it. I did the same for a deer took 3 days to find it. Glad it wasn't above freezing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts