New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using 5 gallon buckets to bait. I'm thinking of pulling the bait the day before and sticking with scents while hunting. Would this still be considered hunting over bait? I'd like to be in a tree stand, and don't have a tree far enough away.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
that's what I would do, I am not sure if it is the same as duck hunting where a site is considered baited for 10 days after the bait is removed

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
that's what I would do, I am not sure if it is the same as duck hunting where a site is considered baited for 10 days after the bait is removed
It's not the same as the waterfowl regs regarding the 10 day period. However, make sure that all of the bait has been cleaned up (including anything bears may have scattered around your site).

If a CO wants to make an example of you, a single cookie or grain of corn could cost you...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've heard a lot about scents. What scents are the best for bears there? I'm from Arkansas and we can bait and hunt about anyway we want for bears.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I eat bacon sandwiches covered in honey while on stand.
Maybe this is why I've never gotten a bear... LOL I apparently need to pack food with me.

I've heard a lot about scents. What scents are the best for bears there? I'm from Arkansas and we can bait and hunt about anyway we want for bears.
I know a few of us have been using Northwoods Bear Scents. Their Gold Mist is good and the cherry one as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.