New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well BHC has first dibs but here we go. I have property/accomodations in Northern NH. Find Colebrook on a map and you are there. We are waiting for the snow to melt and then we will be constructing an elevated stand that will accomodate 2 bow hunters over bait. We have numerous bears in the area and have litterally walked across puke and scat over a 30 yd circle when they gorge on our crabapples. Sightings from small first year olds around 125 to 150 lbs upt to 2 or 3 that are over 300lbs. There is one the neighbor who runs the Christmas tree farm, has seen coming from our piece that he is putting close if not over 400lbs. Says if it isn't the biggest he's seen in his 30 yrs it might be the second biggest. He's spoken for by me!! Season begins Sept 1.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I think Im gonna try to get up there this year with the bow. If I do, Ill probably be on my families farms, but if not, I might be interested.

Ill leave it open to the other guys though.

Guys if you wanna bowhunt bears this is the place....NHbuck aint kidding....

Bears, lots of em, and pretty darn big...

License is cheap too...what is it $75 non resident?

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
NH, how much to come and hunt with you? is your stand set up for bow hunting? I have a place in Maine I paid $900 for me to hunt and my wife to relax for a week.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cost of the liscence and food. We are building the stand this spring if the snow ever goes away!. Going to be 8x8 interior 8 feet high. Fold up sides on 3 sides to accomodate bows. Actually it will only be for bow hunting and wildlife viewing. We have a 2 ac piece that abuts a Christmas tree farm, but their are a few other camps/houses that prevent us from useing firearms. Where we are building the shack is where we sat last year and had a sow and 2 cubs for several nights under 100 feet from us at sunset. We have a regular trail that Moose, Deer and Bear cut through the property on. The bears in the fall love to gorge themselves on the few crab apple trees we have. We will be baiting for bear. Regarding deer. They are good size but it is big woods hunting. I do not spend much time up there during firearms season. It is usually buck only in that zone. While the zone I live in is Buck or doe for the first 9 days. Most 2.5 yr old bucks will go 180+ dressed up there. Accomodations are sparse! 2 Bedrooms, satallite TV, forced hot air heat, indoor plumbing.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sept 1 to 21st for hunting over bait. Until Oct 28th with no bait. I plan on hunting every weekend in Sept up there. They will still be cruising the area even after the bait is removed for at least a few weeks. Besides with some corn syrup and grease poured on the ground the last legal day to refill the bait it should still draw them in for a good amount of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts