New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after I posted the noons taxidermy thread I started thinking, I see more bears while bowhunting in EVERY single spot I hunt then I would care to see. I do not bear hunt because I only kill what I eat and I am not a fan of bear meat, especially when you get so much from one animal, so they get a pass from me. BUT I would be willing to put the right guy on a good bear if there was any interest. This could be a public land hunt or possibly a private land hunt. I remember when it was a treat to see a bear, like a yote or bobcat, now its just like seeing a squirrel. I can remember when if you saw a bear while bowhunting your hunt was over. The first doe I shot this year was feeding on an acorn flat with a bear digging for bugs in a dead stump no more then 60 yards away, theres so many up here and there scent all over the woods the deer just coexist. Bottom line is, let me know if there is any interest in coming up for a hunt and maybe we can work something out. I have no doubt I can almost 100% guarantee shot opportunity, the size of the bear, well that's why the call it HUNTING, however, I can tell you they are not small up here. Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Reactions: gregtpal

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I figure im covered up in them and I don't want to kill one so why not work something out with someone who doesn't have bears in there area and give them a REALLY good chance of harvesting a good bear. I have had bear a bunch of different times from top notch chefs to backwoods camps and the only thing that was decent was Swedish meatballs, not like my beloved venison, so as I said, I don't kill what I don't eat. I have gotten my bear permit just to have it and have even had friends and family say if you shoot one ill take it. Not my deal, not a gun for hire, if im not going to eat it, im not killing it. This is a great opportunity for someone who really wants a bear though. Maybe we could work out a monetary agreement or some form of trade etc.

Reactions: mperri

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never hunting mutch besides deer[smirk]
whoa nelly, not tracking a wounded bear with you, sound like it wouldn't be MUTCH fun hahah. You can get otc permits in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's a good call wanabuck. I like it Youth hunters go to top of list. Also I would want to meet in person well beforehand, this isn't deer hunting, and although I don't hunt them I have been very involved with running baits, tracking and the whole process of the hunt, I just want to make sure the person is all legal has some understanding of bear hunting.

Reactions: wanabuck

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Awesome offer. Would be great for a father and son/daughter type hunt. I've never hunted bear but will someday, Rifle in PA maybe during Buck week..Please post pics/info on how this works out, I'm sure we'd all like to see someone who dosnt usually have a chance actually get lucky.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have a friend who's a member of the site. Military member, good guy. Just got back from a black bear hunt in New Hampshire and although his father was able to harvest a bear, he did not get the opportunity. I'll have him PM you I'm sure he'd be interested.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Maybe we could work out a monetary agreement or some form of trade etc.
Nice offer, but if your asking for money, that's a guide service and requires the appropriate credentials

·
Registered
133 Posts
If intrested ill take you up on that offer maby we could trade some taxidermy work for the hunt but I agree youth comes first

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By monetary I meant bait, gas, checking cams etc. I'd like to help someone out but can't cover everything ha. And by trade very simply means on hand washes the other. Exactly like the duck spot offer I put up here. A site member and his kid ended up going I believe.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
great offer

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great offer! I would love to take you up on it, but I'm sure by now you are swamped with people who are more deserving than myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts