New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the process to get a bear hunting permit if a hunt is allowed this year? I know Tommy and I were interested in traveling up north to the bear territory if a hunt is allowed. What public lands are available to hunt?

Dennis

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Public lands available to hunt? - I would say every WMA and Water Gap (federal) in the designated "bear" zone. Heck I think even some state parks are open to hunting too (Stokes, Kittatiny, etc.)

B

·
0 Posts
stay out of the FEDERAL LANDS is SUSSEX COUNTY no bears there, but STOKES have many many bears. Once you fill your application out, they will send you information as to when/where to take your class, its about 3 hrs long, you sit there and they BS to you

B

·
0 Posts
what a rush to see a bear in the woods, that rush is 100 times stronger when you harvest one

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'll come hunting at your house then Jim. i never see bears where i hunt. for some reason i never see them in hunterdon county.

·
11,226 Posts
I want to get a trail-cam set up back there to see whats really going on!! I have a pretty good idea on a couple of different spots. I jumped a bear laying under a deadfall not far from where you saw that one during the gobbler season. Last fall I had a 400 pounder on my front porch so I know there are some bigg'ens back there!

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Lottery? Yes, but No.

I think they allocate 10,000 bear permits. If more than 10,000 people apply... then they have a lottery. However, not that many people applied...so no lottery and everyone received a permit.

BTW... the last three years... bear permit cost $0.

That might change now with a "bear stamp".

B

·
0 Posts
The state should charge us for a bear permit/stamp. They had alot of workers out during the 1st bear hunt, we payed for it anyway thru our taxes. So if they did charge us, at least the anti-hunters can't say they helped pay for it thru there taxes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THEY DID NOT CHARGE- I FIGURED MOST HUNTERS WOULD PAY THE 25,50 EVEN 100.00 FEE TO GET A CHANCE AT A BEAR- I KNOW I WOULD

B

·
0 Posts
dirt, you can join us if you wish for deer and/or bear archery, muzzleloader, shotgun, mystic will be also

1 - 20 of 21 Posts