Saturday, November 19, 2005
12:00 noon-2:00 pm
Intersection of Canistear Road and Route 23
West Milford, NJ

Please join The Bear Education and Resource Group in a protest against
the proposed bear hunt! Route 23 in West Milford is where an injured
cub crawled onto the road and died in front of grieving motorists
during the 2003 bear hunt.

The proposed hunt is scheduled to start on Monday, December 5, 2005.
The Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Protection,
Bradley Campbell, is now considering the Council's proposed hunt.
Let's show Campbell and all of our state legislators and officials
that New Jersey does not want a trophy bear hunt! If the hunt is
cancelled before November 19, we will gather at the same time and
place for a victory rally!

Directions: From Route 287 in either direction, take Route 23 north
for approximately 13 miles to Canistear Road. A map is available at
http://tinyurl.com/8f6kw

Please bring signs and speak out for the bears!

The Bear Education And Resource Group
Lynda Smith, Director
PO Box 918, Hewitt, NJ 07421
Phone: 973-853-BEAR

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Route 23 in West Milford is where an injured
cub crawled onto the road and died in front of grieving motorists
during the 2003 bear hunt.
The cub was a road kill. This was proven but the BEAR group started some conspiracy theory that F&W was covering up.

These people are pathetic.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
That's pretty funny. Their chosen location for their silly protest is on the main road leading to Cherry Ridge Range. Their main audience will be hard-core shooters.

Thank's for the heads up - I'll come in from the north that day to avoid both the crowd and the agita.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
hunters dont create roadkill, cars do..its a useless argument...they are just trying to find some way to stop hunting...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I will make a point of going th Cheery Ridge that day just to confront these a%$holes.
Believe me, that's just playing into their hands :D People like that live on confrontation. It makes them feel like they achieved something.

The absolutely worst thing you can do to them is ignore them.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I wish we could park there with the pony that got mauled by the bear in Andover earlier this year. It would be nice to have a bloody carc [no swearing please] on a trailer with bear claw marks all over it partly eaten..Or anyone of the pets that got mauled this year...LOL...Imagine that...reality!!....These people insist that a bear hunt is designed to ruin the bear population, which we all know is not true. Oh well freedom of speech at its best!!

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Currently Offline Posts: 10
Quote:
I will make a point of going th Cheery Ridge that day just to confront these a%$holes.

Believe me, that's just playing into their hands People like that live on confrontation. It makes them feel like they achieved something.

The absolutely worst thing you can do to them is ignore them.
You are probably right I just dispise these morons so much I feel compelled to do something.

·
Registered
546 Posts
They believe nature will weed it's self down to the size it needs to be. Guess they don't read the papers much. If they will just stay in the woods and die quietly because nature wants it that way WHY do we need bear proof garbage cans???

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Be Peaceful Young one..... Let the others start the trouble and then the press would have a write up " The Bear Education And Resource Group with Lynda Smith and others beat up 2 hunters just minding their own business on Saturday, November 19, 2005
between 12:00 noon-2:00 pm
Intersection of Canistear Road and Route 23
West Milford, NJ... Everyone from the Bear Education And Resource Group was thrown in Jail with no bail"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts