New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to white lake as planed to hunt bear but it seems I miss read the zone discriptions and map and got the wrong permit!! I thought White lake was zone 2 it is acctually zone 1. Thanks has to go out to the CO that saved my but!! He was checking tags in the lot just before light and told me my bear tag was no good there and told me it was zone 1. I left the tag in my truck and went to find a deer but as is my luck I ran into a beauty cinnamon phase bear. oh well I'll see him next year I hope. good luk to all..

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Damn, and you could have tried your uncles Nad tickle killing technique on him. to bad you had the wrong permit..:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
White Lake WMA is both bear zone 1 and zone 2. It is intersected by Rt 521, which is the border. While the actual lake itself is in zone 2 (east of 521), probably about 2/3 of the WMA land is in zone 1 (west of 521).

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Welcome to New Jersey Hunter crosswindz.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thank you. I am a new hunter - started because of all the wildlife you guys are flushing out of White Lake onto my property ;) Just couldn't resist all that venison anymore...

Ghost Bear - did the CO tell you that you can use your bear permit if you just go across the road???

I'll let you know if I get your Cinnebear in my back yard...

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No he didn't but it's cool I have A spot over at Whittingham to hunt but yesterday was my best chance at a bear I think. Hey scrubby that only works on deer but if you try it on a bear let me know if it works!!:D;) Hey crosswindz welcome to the site!! yes please let me know if you see'im I was after a black one I didn't even know he was there. thanks for letting me know about the zones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts