New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3,413 Posts
Just watched it, should have been longer but it was pretty good. Really don't see what the Anti's fuss was about. I don't think it made bears look like monsters.

·
11,226 Posts
I agree....... It seemed to lean towards bears not being a big threat and that they just need to be respected! They stated both bear number estimations. They just asked the victoms what had happened and let them tell thier stories. The first lady said flat out I don't think the bear was trying to hurt my son...
The pic of that 500 pounder coming out from around the barn or shed was awesome! What a big bad looking bear! He looked a bit like a monster! lol
I think the anti's went a little overboard. It didn't seem pro hunting at all to me! Oh well...We all know how they think off the wall and see things totally different then we do...
All in all I thought the show was OK...Not great and not bad....

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
One important note is that the anti's protested this film and most of them didn't even see it. Sportsmen's groups promoted this film before anyone saw it. We all felt the truth would speak for itself.

Also, NJN has decided to air it now. Most likely there will be a debate following the program. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
"BEARS" receives two more 2005 Telly Awards.

2005 Winner Silver Telly Award for "Nature/Wildlife"
2005 Winner Bronze Telly Award for "Entertainment"

Bringing the total of television industry awards received to 9!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Ted Nugent's review of "bears":

The well produced documentary, "Bears-Too Close for Comfort" on the NJ black bear situation, accurately portrayed real life science and social conditions. All decent people want healthy, thriving wildlife populations, not imbalanced, dangerous wildllife populations. The ignorance and denial from so called animal rights terrorists that has been allowed to steer mismanagement of NJ's bear and deer populations is grossly irresponsible and out of control. Thoughtful, conscientious citizens must now get involved with wildlife management there in order to do the right thing and put these precious, wonderful animals back into the asset column instead of their current position of liability. The science that dictates such an upgrade is clear and available right now. I hope good people get involved and do the right thing for a win-win for the bears and the residents of the Garden State.

Ted Nugent

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
There was no reason why this program could not be shown on PBS. I don't see what the fuss was about:(

It was a good nature documentary film. It was not pro or anti hunter.
Reminded me of a "Wild America" episode by Marty Stoufer!

·
Registered
612 Posts
There was no reason why this program could not be shown on PBS. I don't see what the fuss was about
If you watch it again, I watched it three times to make copies. The only hunter they showed in any detail portrayed our sport very well and did a pretty good job (in only a few lines) of explaining why he hunts and the feelings he gets from it... the only anti's they showed were screaming slogans like "go home killer, go home killer" and holding up signs with "No slaughter in my state" and "McGreevy and the NRA, perfect together." In my eyes, it put anti's in a bad light and hunters in a good one... that's probably what the fuss was about. Other than that, you're correct... it was not laced with opinion either way, but the evidence in the documentary supported hunting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts