1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear defenders fit for battle
Friday, November 25, 2005
BY FRED J. AUN
For the Star-Ledger
New Jersey sportsmen are ranting about animal rights extremists' plans to sabotage the bear hunt. Some are foolishly mentioning the potential use of their firearms.

Others suggest the best way to deal with bear hunt saboteurs is to call state conservation officers or other law enforcement types. Even though getting arrested is a badge of honor to animal rights activists, the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance agrees. It says hunters should report incidents to authorities as soon as possible.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1132897192189970.xml&coll=1

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah we will get in shape in 10 days.....Anyway another way these scumbags will get us, is by the way of vandalism to our trucks. They know we are in the woods, and it only takes a stroke of knife to the tires and paint. Don't take matters into your own hands, unless they lay a hand on you, then do what you need to do, but make sure your cell phones are full charged, and have the # to either the local police or NJFG&W programmed into your phone speed dial. If they damage your truck, and you can get there TAG # do so, and call it in. Be carful and safe

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
For those not participating in the bear hunt:

Bring a video camera and/or regular camera to some of the areas where we park. I'm sure law enforcement would appreciate the help and protester/vandels are afraid of being caught on film... espescially in the act.

Its also good to cheer on our fellow hunters after the hunt.

If the videos are 'good' we can all get together and have a good laugh.

Don't instigate. Just witness and call the cops if it gets out of hand.

B

·
0 Posts
Also with those videos, allow the local media here in NYC area to have a copy, and show the public how calm the hunters are and how rowdy the non hunters are

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well as stated I can take my video cam and if I see anyone acting suspicious just make my presence known by saying hello like a civilized person...if the topic were to come up I would let him know why I was there, then if said people/person actually did intend to do harm to vehicles etc. and continued on under protest then I would video the incident. I would not get involved physically unless in defense ( which I would not intentionally place myself in harms way) and I would not try to be macho and start a debate or any such thing. Of course I would collect local authorities numbers before I went out there so I could call in the event of an incident, also if possible obtain plate numbers of vehicles used etc. There is nothing saying I would even see anything, but if people would like and I can do it then I would not mind trying my best to keep an eye on things.

B

·
0 Posts
your not hunting that day?

Thats nice of you to do[up]

best place to go would be WAYWAYANDER (did I spell that right?) they protested there last time, they will be there agian

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nope, not hunting, waiting till next year when I am considered a resident. Heck I still need to change my liscense over to NJ! Procrastination can be a poison sometimes! lol

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Also with those videos, allow the local media here in NYC area to have a copy, and show the public how calm the hunters are and how rowdy the non hunters are
BHC, I know of a lot of non hunters that aren't ARA's, My wife is a non-hunter but she thinks hunting is great.... So saying Non-hunters is not the right word to use.

B

·
0 Posts
well if they are there to protest us and they don't hunt they are non hunters, or ARA members

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
well if they protest then they will be ARA's..... NOt everyone hunts....Not everyone is a ARA that doesn't hunt... The word non-hunter the way you put is wrong......

B

·
0 Posts
ok so what if a non hunter is there protesting but isn't a member of ARA, what then do you call that person?

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
"IF THEY PROTEST THEY ARE A ARA" If they don't protest then they are a bystander/reporter. Think about it BHC.... You using a term the wrong way... just like calling 6-day "SHOTGUN" season... Your shotgun season is 1 day...READ THE BOOK IT WILL TELL YOU WHAT SEASON IS WHAT....

B

·
0 Posts
READ THE BOOK IT WILL TELL YOU WHAT SEASON IS WHAT....
please....ok so the rules are this then: for a person to protest hunting they MUST be a member of ARA?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong, but ARA is not actually a group or org. it merely stands for "Animal Rights Activist". Correct?

If that is true, anyone protesting for animals rights would be considered an "activist", and therefore an ARA.

B

·
0 Posts
a non hunter is one who doesn't hunt, and not all protesters are ARA, but they are all NON HUNTERS

1 - 20 of 57 Posts