New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out there this Sunday to scope out a spot for the family...don't want to step on any toes OR wander onto anyone's property. Maps are pretty sketchy...any tips or suggestions would be welcome!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's my biggest fear...the piney's can get crazy (possessive) and I'll have two kids with me

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
I drive past that on rt 70 allot. Always atleast one truck parked there. Was thinking of checking it out myself but never got around to it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hunting what? I only ask because the area is closed for hunting until next season. Remember it's deer only so no small game or turkey or even predator hunting between now and fall bow.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hunting deer exclusively...we usually hit asunpink for birds. we're scouting now so we don't disturb any hunters and so we'll have plenty of time to familarize ourselves with the area. there's only one thing worse than walking to your spot opening day only to find a hunter already sitting in it...that's seeing 10 guys in hunter orange surrounding your spot when the sun comes up[rofl]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Squirrels till the end of the month.
Not for there. It's a land trust and rules state no hunting of any species other than deer. Also no discharge of a firearm except for the purpose of deer hunting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts