New Jersey Hunters banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I used "sweat dreams" yesterday to kill my bear. I placed it stratigically not just to bring a bear in but to "position" him for the shot I wanted. Worked like a charm! Great product

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rich sent us this picture of his NJ Archery Bear! Rich wrote, "Downed this Bear this morning with your sweet dreams attractant. Came right into it! Ill recomend it to others".

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
When Salvo Magro came to hunt NJ Bear, he shopped for the best attractant he could get his hands on!

Salvo wrote;
THANK YOU ALL for the love and good luck wishes!!! Two weeks ago in Montana I survived a bear attack... This New Jersey bear was not so fortunate dying from a Salvo attack!!!!! KILLED MY 1ST BEAR EVER AND I AM HIGH ON LIFE HEADED BACK HOME TO NY!!! It's amazing how the good lord works... Sunday I was in the hospital to make sure I wasn't going to die from excessive internal bleeding in my leg or a blood clot... I can't thank God enough for my Horse 2 Dollar and another day on this earth... Also can't thank my blood brothers 2 Thumbs, Andy, and Key enough for this amazing experience!! Also big thanks to Signal11Lures!!! The bear got one sniff of that Crazy Bacon Spray and came in ON A STRING!!!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Below is a link on njh to a post with a pic of my bear.
I was only baiting bears with natural bait (corn, molasses, apples) at multiple sites. I always put sweet dreams on every bait area to get them use to it and associate that smell with feeding. I noticed as bears would come into my bait(s), they would always acknowledge the sweet dreams first before eating anything else. the bear I shot did exactly that. not only did it bring him in a mission, but by placing it in/on certain parts of a particular tree, it "positioned" my bear for the perfect shot. great product!
Stickbow bear down

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Congratulations Charlie! Very nice NJ Bear. Thank You for using our attractant.
Our Peanut Butter is great for Deer or Bear, just spray vegitation, bait piles, corn etc....

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I did the same as gobblengrunt and put some Sweet dreams out each time I freshened my bait.
also trying to associate the sweet smell with new bait.
but was suprised that while an average day I had LOTS of bears come in. none really paid attention to the trees I had put the sweet dreams on.
But they def seemed more comfortable on the days I added fresh sweet dreams to those trees.
Was surprised they didnt lick it off the trees as it sure smelt great .

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I did the same as gobblengrunt and put some Sweet dreams out each time I freshened my bait.
also trying to associate the sweet smell with new bait.
but was suprised that while an average day I had LOTS of bears come in. none really paid attention to the trees I had put the sweet dreams on.
But they def seemed more comfortable on the days I added fresh sweet dreams to those trees.
Was surprised they didnt lick it off the trees as it sure smelt great .
Sweet Dreams is a scent attractant, not a food. The scent brings Bears in from great distances and does calm them. Some bears will eat it, most dont, and that is because it is not a food and doesnt taste as good as its smells. Most people that bait bears use some type of food, scraps, dog food, cooking grease, cookies etc... Others dont bait at all. Sweet Dreams can be used alone or with bait. The majority of the time, the scent brings bears in.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The Peanut Butter and Crazy Bacon are the opposite. They are taste enhancers, the aroma is important but the good taste is more important. Why would you want this?
Well for one, in a State like NJ, it is legal to hunt over a scent or product that does not hold a form. Crazy Bacon and Peanut Butter spray do not hold a form and can be used on vegitation, corn, or any bait to add a great flavor that the bears come to really like. Then on hunt day, you make sure there is no bait and you spray some tree bark or natural vegitation or mist the air. The bears smell the scent and think there is a bait pile waiting. Works great!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
As NJ Bear (gun) season nears, pick up some SWEET DREAMS attractant and smear it on a tree aprox 5 foot high in your shooting lane! It is an outstanding Bear attractant! It pulls Bears in and keeps them coming back! Simon Peter, MT Mikes, Andover Hunt and Fish, Garden State Bow and reel and Fins and Furs are stocked up. My other stocking stores should have it as well. Call first.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts