·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6:16 pm

Prosecutor: hunter was 60-70 feet away from man he shot
9/6/2005 10:57 AM
By: The Associated Press

The county prosecutor said a Massachusetts hunter was very close to a berry picker in southern Vermont when he shot him.

Windham County State's Attorney Dan Davis said Brian Gilbert of Charlemont, Massachusetts was about 60 to 70 feet away from Douglas Bartlett of Jacksonville, Vermont when he mistook him for a bear.

Bartlett was found dead Saturday night. He had been reported missing by his family, who said he had failed to return home from a berry picking outing.

On Sunday, a relative of Gilbert's called the Massachusetts State Police and reported that Gilbert had admitted shooting and killing a man while on a hunting trip in Vermont.

B

·
0 Posts
what a shame, but this hunter is screwed since he admitted to the shooting and left the scence without reporting it

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Yeah no doubt. He should have fessed up right away. But still you should know the difference between a man and a game animal. He should have also been aware of his surroundings.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Tragic! I cant understand how someone could make such a terrible mistake.:(

·
Registered
282 Posts
and yet every year we hear the same stories . why do hunters forget the very first lesson of hunting( BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT)!!!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I don't if I would call him a hunter. I feel for the family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts