New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife is reminding hunters of the importance of knowing their hunting location information when reporting a deer harvest. The Deer Hunting Location Viewer makes it easy to determine the zone, county, township and management unit of a hunting location.

To learn about and use the viewer, visit NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - AHRS Deer Hunting Location Vieweron the Division's website. For assistance, or to report additional information not available when reporting the deer, call the deer biologist for the county of harvest:

Bergen, Essex, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties: Dan Roberts at 908-735-7040
Burlington, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean counties: Jodi Powers at 609-259-6965
Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties: Joe Leskie at 609-748-2043

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The map has gotten easier to read in the last few years, more detailed.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Technically illegal. Supposed to tag before transport. If you ever get stopped you are in trouble.
Not true. He must fill out his tag on his license but doesn't have to report it till he gets home. As long as he knows county and Twp. And date he is good to go.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Just got the Pocket Ranger app all set so I can report through there. Looks better and easier than dealing with the website on my phone.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Jersey firefighter said fill out the tag NJdeerhunter said report. 2 different statements I believe firefighter is correct.
you can fill the tag out opening day and not use it till the last day. It's the conformation # you need. If you don't have that somewhere and you get stopped they will hit you with at a minimum a ticket, if not confiscate the deer for being illegal. The old days you were supposed to fill out and tag the deer before you even drug it from where it laid down.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
12. Q. What if I can't report my deer by 7pm?
A. The mandatory time to report a deer under the Automated Harvest Report System (AHRS) is the same as under the old deer check station system. However, if you recover a deer past 7pm (8pm for Fall Bow only), the AHRS will still allow you to report the deer without penalty. If you recover a deer late and don't have a cell phone, make sure you have your license or permit stub, or your Deer Harvest Report Card (pdf, 200kb) filled in to show compliance and report your deer as soon as you get home. Calling a Division Law Enforcement office to report a late deer is no longer necessary.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
12. Q. What if I can't report my deer by 7pm?
A. The mandatory time to report a deer under the Automated Harvest Report System (AHRS) is the same as under the old deer check station system. However, if you recover a deer past 7pm (8pm for Fall Bow only), the AHRS will still allow you to report the deer without penalty. If you recover a deer late and don't have a cell phone, make sure you have your license or permit stub, or your Deer Harvest Report Card (pdf, 200kb) filled in to show compliance and report your deer as soon as you get home. Calling a Division Law Enforcement office to report a late deer is no longer necessary.
That solves that, thanks. I did not read online, only the paper book.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.