New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrow found in side of Hopatcong home - New Jersey Herald
Arrow found in side of Hopatcong homePosted: Oct 14, 2014 11:54 PM EDT <em class="wnDate">Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:54 PM EDT</em>Updated: Oct 14, 2014 11:54 PM EDT lt;em class="wnDate">Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:54 PM EDT</em>
Submitted photo

HOPATCONG — Police are warning residents to be careful with firearms and bows and arrows after a homeowner on Nariticong Avenue found an arrow sticking out of her house's siding.
Officer Anthony Cirri went on Oct. 11 to a house on Chincopee Avenue where the arrow appeared to come from. He spoke to a woman who said her husband shoots a bow but was away hunting.
Cirri called the husband, who confirmed he had been shooting and had thought the arrow went into the ground. He said he would not shoot in the backyard anymore, police said.
The neighbors agreed to settle the damage done to the siding by themselves, police said.
In light of this incident, Hopatcong police are reminding parents to teach children firearm safety.
“They most likely will come across a firearm at some point in their life,” Lt. Thomas Kmetz said in the press release. “It cannot hurt to call a gun range and see if you can take your children for a day of instruction and shooting. They will learn how a gun is deadly and they will learn to respect it.”
He also recommended teaching children the four “cardinal rules of safety,” which are treat every gun as if it loaded, know your target and beyond, do not point a weapon at anything that you do not intend to shoot and keep your finger off of the trigger until ready to shoot.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Though I just love the references to firearm safety when this had nothing to do with a gun

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Well,

They should have also put into play the facts about archery accidents and cheer leading.

I just heard from a guy at work that a buddy of his had his bass boat shot with an arrow by an idiot neighbor.....

Supposedly happened in DE. The guy was talking about how no one should be allowed to shoot archery in their back yard and it should only be allowed at a range.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
Good advice by the Lt. though!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
oopsie [ko]

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I think the guy just didn't have the balls to go to his neighbors house and tell them he stuck an arrow feet above the foundation. They should have him take the safety course all over again. Not only the written but the shooting class also. Not on an incline the arrow went straight into his neighbors house i would think if it was on an incline the arrow would go in a an angle.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
He accidentally hit his release upon drawing a bow that was too heavy for him. if you cant draw a bow back while aimed safley at the ground or pointed at your target lower your poundage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.