New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to fish with my friend Capt. Allen of Reel Class charters. Left the dock at daybreak and broke manasquan inlet in search of some bunker to snag. The bunker were scattered early but we found them and got enough for the two of us and headed off to find some fish. The fish that had been molesting the bunker the past few days did not show up. We got a call that some fish were being caught in a different location so we made the run and searched around. After a little while we found a lot of life with bluefish crashing herring and rainfish on top under birds. Immediately we rerigged with kroc spoons and went to work. We were pleasantly surprised to find some nice bass underneath the bluefish. The final tally for the day was four nice bass to my 24#er and all the bluefish you could handle. Both Allen and I dropped a couple bass before we could bring them to the net and had tons of bass and bluefish follow our jigs right to the boat. The bite petered out as the south wind stiffened. Just a great day on the water.

The biggest of the day

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Congratulations on the fish [up]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P.S. Where's the rest of the pics?
unlike the japanese tourist bowhunternj tends to be, we like to concentrate on catching fish rather than taking silly photographs. When you have a mad dog bite going and know it will only last a little while wouldn't you rather be catching fish than posing for silly pictures?....and when bowhunternj is the one taking the pictures, it isn't just one and done. You had better be prepared for a SI Swimsuit Edition'esque photoshoot. It goes something like this...

"Ok hold the fish up...a little higher please...ok push him out a little further from your body towards the camera...thats good...hold it, hold it....ok could you move to the other side of the boat so the sun is more in your face?...the lighting just isn't doing it for me over here...ok lets flip the fish over, he might photograph better from the other side...thats good...oh yes, thats beautiful...ok only a couple more...thats good..c'mon, smile like you just caught a world record...good...good...ok let me switch to the other camera now"[eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Seriosuly though, Allen has a couple others and I was too lazy to copy and paste them all. Plus, like you, its all about me;)

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
like to concentrate on catching fish rather than taking silly photographs
oh please... everybody likes the thousands of fishing photos per trip that bowhunternj posts up on here. if he stops posting them, now we know who to blame (and it wont' be bowhunternj) [rofl]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh please... everybody likes the thousands of fishing photos per trip that bowhunternj posts up on here. if he stops posting them, now we know who to blame (and it wont' be bowhunternj)
You can definately blame me. You should of seen the crap he was pulling at the dock with the final hero shots of our catch. [eyeroll] Flip that one over, wet them down a little more, they aren't shiny enough[rofl] Believe me, I definately appreciate the effort since it makes for some good photos...but after waking up at 3 am and fishing all day i just want to relax and have a cold one[rofl] It really isn't that bad but close...bascially, I am writing all of this because it is fun to bust diva's balls

somewhat accurate, but not entirely.
I know...I left a bunch out for the sake of our readers:p

How is it all about me
its not but, again, it is just fun to bust your chops:p

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MAtts pics tell a story without a long winded post!!
I guess you never read any of matt's fishing reports.[rofl] talk about long winded[eyeroll] He has become a bit lazy as of late but go back a little while and you will see what I mean. like a book with pictures, most don't read the text and just skip right to the pics[hihi]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.