New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow N.J. Hunters,

If your budget is tight but you are looking for an affordable club and a great bunch of guys to hunt with THIS is the club for you.

The Buckeye Gun Club, Inc. is looking for a few good club members. Primarily shotgun hunters but we also have bow and black powder hunters as well. We are mainly a deer shotgun hunting club but club members also hunt birds and small game individualy.

The club is located in Barnegat Township off of Rt.72. We have a total membership of 24 at this time and are looking to top off at 30 members. The club sits on 5 huntable acres but has access to over 800 public acres across the road (zone 21) and 30+ acres behind the club (zone 24) within walking distance from the club.

Checkout the website to see what we have to offer.
Club website:
http://www.geocities.com/buckeyegunclub/

Dues for 2005 were $275.00 for the year and will probably be around the same for 2006. This will be decided at the January Re-organization meeting. An application fee of $50.00 will need to be paid as well.

The next meeting is the January reorganization meeting being held on Saturday, January 7th, 2006 at 6:00pm.

Anybody interested in joining should show up at 5:00pm to meet the members.

Thank you for your time.

Ray Woodrow 3rd
Secretary,
Buckeye Gun Club, Inc.
[email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For general information:

The next gun club meeting will be held on Saturday, February 4, 2006 at 6:00pm. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Thank you,

Ray Woodrow 3rd
Vice President,
Buckeye Gun Club, Inc.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
can you tell us a little more about the club, deer population, kill ratio, problems with hunting public areas? thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mr12gauge and baldhunter:

Club History:
The club has been around since the 1920's. It was started as a shotgun hunting club. Before the club was formed, many of the founding members just met at one of their houses and gathered to hunt together. When they decided to actually make their get togethers into an actual club and who started it all, I have no idea.

The club was originally called "Sure Shot Gun Club" but in the 1940's the club split and the one half kept the "Sure Shot" name while the other half incorporated under the name "Buckeye Gun Club" and it has been around ever since.

Hunting public areas:

No one from the club has had any problems with hunting the public land across from the club or behind the club. We do alot of our hunting off of Rt.539. During shotgun season we hunt as a group for the first two to three days and then we pot hunt the remainder of the season. We only have a membership of 20 at this time. The deer population around the club is healthy. I have the videos to prove it. As for what the state says is in the area, I am not sure how to look that up.

Kill Ratio:

We had 12 members hunting during shotgun season. 5 shots were taken from different members at different bucks throughout the week but only one was hit and killed (members need to work on there shooting skills).
Club Bow hunters (6) harvested 4 deer in 2005.
Black powder hunters (5) harvested 6 deer in 2005.

Those interested in the club, come on down on February 4th around 4:30pm - 5:00pm to meet the members and get a feel for the place. If it is not for you, no harm no foul. Walk on by.

In Summary;
We are a small club that has alot to offer to its membership. Everyone gets along and we have a great relationship within the membership. We are more like a family then anything else.

Are we a "mega" hunting club? No.
Do we want to be a "mega" hunting club? No.
Are we charging dues like a "mega" hunting club? No.

We enjoy the small size of our club. What we do not have in land is made up in other ways. For $300.00 you cannot go wrong.

The club is located at mile marker 14/5 on Rt72E just past the intersection of Rt.539 and Rt72. You cannot see the club from the road. Make a right up the driveway where a telephone pole is marked with "501" vertically in black letters over white background. Two reflectors are below the "501".

If you decide to come down
ask for me, Ray Woodrow 3rd.

Thank You

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Stopped at your club on tues and ran into one of the members.Sounds like a nice club.Be seeing you at the next meeting,your only minutes from my house. tom

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tomski,
Yea that was my brother. It is a nice place. A lot of people do not know that it is there and that is the way we like it. I told my brother it was probably someone from this site. I look forward to meeting you.

baldhunter,
The next club meeting is being held at the club on Saturday the 4th of March at 6:00pm. Come on down around 4:00 or 5:00pm and I can give you the tour. Same goes for you Tomski. Ask for Ray the 3rd.

If you decide to join:
Membership is $300.00 + $50.00 application fee.
Have last years or this years shotgun license with you.

Ray Woodrow 3rd
Vice President
Buckeye Gun Club, inc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tomski...
baldhunter...
others...

The Buckeye Gun Club's 1st after summer break meeting will be on Saturday, September 9th at 6:00pm.

Show up around 5:00pm if you are interested in checking the place out.
$200.00 + NJ shotgun license for membership the rest of the year...

See above posts for directions.
Ask for Ray 3rd

Ray Woodrow 3rd
Vice President
Buckeye Gun Club, Inc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tomski,
Yes we have a private range where we shoot rifle pistol and shotgun.

Click on the link in the first post above and check out the website. Click on the "club pictures" and check it out.

baldhunter,
Come on over. The 9th is a work weekend so all the membership will be there working around the club cutting trees that have fallen on the property. Show up anytime and I will be there to give you a tour of the place.

RW3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To all interested...

The Buckeye Gun Club will be having their first "After Summer" meeting on Saturday September 9th. Anyone interested in checking out the club for membership feel free to come on down by 5:00pm. If you are not joining at that time you must leave by the 6:00pm meeting start time.

It is also a work weekend so members will be there all day on Saturday. The dues for the remainder of the 2006 hunting year are $200.00 ($150.00 dues & $50.00 application fee). You must also show up with your shotgun hunting license for this year or last year and $200.00 in full.

The club is located at mile marker 14/5 on Rt72E just past the intersection of Rt.539 and Rt72. You cannot see the club from the road. Make a right up the driveway where a telephone pole is marked with "501" vertically in black letters over a white background. Two reflectors are below the "501".

Thank you...

Ray Woodrow 3rd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ray

I will be there on saturday. My only problem is I hurt my back in work on wednesday and will go back to doctor on friday. If he takes me off of the meds
I'll be ok. If not can't drive on them. Will be in touch.

Jack[confused]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ray
Hope everything went great at the meeting. Could not make it . Back still not working right. Hope I still have a chance at a later date. Just putting socks on
a real challange.

Jack[down][down][down]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today, Saturday, October 7 at 6:00pm is the next meeting. Those interested should show up at 5:00pm.

BigBaldHunter, I hope you are feeling better. Nothing to make you feel more than useless than a bad back.

RW3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup rugman...
$300 will break the bank.

This was discussed in intense detail before and I will not go there again.

Happy hunting to all on the boards...

RW3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.