New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluking continues to be good in the bay. Headed out Saturday before the rain. Fished a couple hours and but 10 in the boat with 2 in the box.

Sunday we were headed home early 'till I noticed the lid on my bait freezer rotted off. Didn't want to risk losing all my bait (or take it all home) so we went out to find another. Picked one up at Lowes down on Rt 72 and ran it back to the dock. As I was putzing around the rain stopped and the sun peeked through, the first mate decides she wants to fishing....and who am I to argue. Left the dock at 1:30 and were back in at 5. Put 17 in the boat, 4 of them went in the box.

That brings this years tally to 96 fluke with 19 keepers, and everybody tells me there's no fish in the bay.[confused] [confused][confused]

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
That brings this years tally to 96 fluke with 19 keepers, and everybody tells me there's no fish in the bay
how many trips ,I would tell ya there are no fish in the bay also if it was more than 2-3 trips

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how many trips ,I would tell ya there are no fish in the bay also if it was more than 2-3 trips

It's 4, but they were short ones this past weekend if that counts :D :D

There's been nothing doing outside except for at the ridge. Long ride for fluke, especially in so so weather, and besides I'm catching them a mile from the dock. I also heard the draggers hit it pretty hard during the week.

Are you useing bait or gulp type jig?Great job by the way.
Been changing up daily, one day it's gulp the next they don't want it. Saturday, white gulp swimming mullets was the ticket. Sunday not a touch, they wanted spearing, with a white strip bait that closely resembles fluke belly. Wasn't real fluke belly of coarse that would be illegal ;) ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts