New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fish the barnegat bay at all?

I just got the boat in the water wondering how the fishing is going?

Dennis

·
Registered
942 Posts
drome I have been fishing pretty hard the past two weeks . big b [no swearing please] livelining herring at the top of the out going tide and I kno a few guys taking them on fresh clams too.I have been catching most of them at the dike and a faw over at the north jetty rigth in the rocks.Killing weekies at the BI and in front of oyster creek on fin-s. And those damn bluefish are every were.Friday is going to be pretty crappie so I think I will be out there nice and early sat morning ..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, Im assuming you do surf fishing?

I got the boat in the water, im going to either learn how to wreck/reef fish or teach myself the hard way this year. I bought myself a gps and Im ready to go. Anyone do any ocean fishing with their own boats? Anyone know where I could start on learning the ropes?

Dennis

·
Registered
942 Posts
no I fish off my boat and I do some wreck fishing in june and july if you need some help with some spots I will show you no problem just let me kno when your going out..[up]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill definitely have to take you up on that offer. My in-laws own murphys hook house on 37 so I have access to the gear, and Ive always fished freshwater. Ive always wanted to learn how to fish off the boat, and after buying the gps and taking all the safety courses I think Im ready to venture out. Any fluke yet?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm interested in learning how to wreck fish. I'm a little bit North of you guys though and would be running out of Raritan Bay. It would be cool if we could meet up out there though. I just ordered a couple charts and have the GPS as well. My e-mail is in the directory if you might want some company?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont mind one bit, and I'm a student just like yourself, have to wait to hear back from tommy.

Dennis

·
Registered
942 Posts
Dennis check your email ..Venison your welcome to come along on my boat if you want ..I wish I new how to post pic's I got some good one's last week..

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Thanks Tommy,
Posting pics is easy. Go to www.photobucket.com and open up a free account. Download your pics from your computer with the browse button on the web page. Then copy and paste ..."(IMG)picture name(IMG)" to the message body on this website. Just preview your post before submitting it to make sure your picture is there. If you need more help e-mail me in the directory.
Jim

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Venison I spoke wit Tommy on the ride home from work, we are going to try to set something up for a weekend day how are your upcoming weekends?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Tommy or Drome e-mail me in the directory... I'm good for next weekend???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts