New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm going to orders some Easton arrows from Cabelas. What's the difference between the Blazers and the vanes? Which would be the better set up for Rage 2 heads?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Either will work,it's more of a personal preferance thing. I shoot standard duravanes 4",fly fine for me with muzzy broadheads

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
If you're shooting Rages then I assume your shooting a compound and not traditional. in that case I would be shooting Blazers

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Blazers are faster and hold speed down range longer than standard 4" vanes and shoot just as consistant. Blazers hands down.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Blazers

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
just switched to blazers on axis 340's this season along with a new vapor trail rest.blazers improved my FOC from %8 to %11.5 100gs fixed they're shootn realy great out of my set up. [smoke][up]

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Another factor would be the rest you are using. If it is a WB then the blazers will hold up much better than the cheap 4" vanes. If it is a hostage rest blazers may cause contact issues so the 4" lower profile vanes would be better. If it is a drop away either should work if the rest is set up properly. I use blazers for most of my hunting arrows.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I put half of my arrows with 4" and half with the blazers, they all shoot tight with field tips. When I shoot my broadheads "G5 Montec 100gr." the blazers fly straighter and hit the 4" mark from 20 yards easily!!! Just remember you need your broad head "if fixed" to match as close to possible as the veins you have on there so they fly the best!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just be careful with blazers and The WB. I had clearance issues. the blazers were JUST clearing. Just my 2 sence. I now shoot both from my drop away and both shoot great!!

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
went to blazers, then back to 4" ... the blazers didnt clear my riser on my mathews, they have a higher profile and just get in the way.
i held tighter groups at longer ranges with 4" vanes.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Shoot a whisker biscuit with Blazers. No clearance issues and after shooting over a year with them I had to replace the biscuit but the blazers are holding up fine. By the way they are flecthed with Fletch-tite platinum and 2 deg offset.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts