·
Registered
12,826 Posts
i use funnels and rubs[rofl]

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
I primarily use bait on management hunts to put the deer where I need them [up]
I usually use feeders, either Moultrie timed feeders or tube or barrel gravity type feeders and have it set so there is feed out all season long every day, not much more then they can eat in a day so there is always fresh feed for the deer

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
email uncle ted according to him if you hunt near oak trees your baiting[spy]

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Last year 11/4 I put my Delta target (minus antlers) in a field and sprayed it's "hind quarters" with "Buck Bomb"......about 7am a nice 8pt came buy made a scrape and proceeded to dry hump my target.....[hihi] needless to say he's hanging on my wall now. I went out that morning not knowing what to expect. I thought it would spook more deer than attracted. Point is test out different things you'll never know what works

·
Registered
325 Posts
The piece I hunt is only 23 acres, so we have a feeder in the center of the property that broadcasts 4 seconds of corn once daily in the afternoon. We want to bring them in so we can try and get them down on the property considering 450' will bring us to a golf course on one side. I've also used food blocks, country acres horse feed, salt blocks...but corn is most economical and probably most accessible.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
it's a good acorn year, just look down.
no need to spend money on bait, at least right now. learn the patterns.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I don't use any bait at all. I use food plots, sex lures, mineral sites, mock scrapes, corn fields, apple trees, acorns, grunt calls, and rattle horns. Yep, no bait for me.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Bingo! This fall will be tough for baiting unless you have been baiting since June or early July! Last year I found my baitinig to work OK. But in prior years I found my baiting to not bring in as many deer as I had hoped. When there are plenty of acorns laying around a falling, the herd won't go far and sure won't deviate from their food supply/preferences when there are good acorns in abundance. I think this fall you will have a tough time getting deer to consistently come into your bait pile on a regular basis as you will most likely be competing with a good acorn crop. However, stick with it because once the acorn supply diminishes in November, the deer will come to your bait more regularly. Just in time for Buck Season!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
i use funnels and rubs
[rofl][rofl][rofl]

I like to find mature white oak trees that were uprooted in a storm and drag them into my spot with a tractor.

Then I scour the woods finding trees that bucks have rubbed, cut them down and put it all in a giant pile 15 yards away from my stand.

Dump a "bag-o-funnel" I get from Tractor Supply on top of that and the deer just can't stay away!!!!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Quote:
If you do bait what type of bait do you primarily use

A thread about xbows or baiting.

Hahahaha...that was gooooood !! [rofl]

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I like to find mature white oak trees that were uprooted in a storm and drag them into my spot with a tractor.

Then I scour the woods finding trees that bucks have rubbed, cut them down and put it all in a giant pile 15 yards away from my stand.

Dump a "bag-o-funnel" I get from Tractor Supply on top of that and the deer just can't stay away!!!!
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts