New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least this little bait stealer will be getting a full belly and maybe he won't come out on the beach and steal my bait. IBSP fishing won't be the same if i dont have to look over my shoulder for him to steal my bait

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Funny stuff.. It is amazing how many fox are on the island. They should let some trapping go on or something. It is getting out of hand. Can't be healthy for the population!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Those foxes are not afraid of people....

We were down there just driving and my mom opened the door and the fox came within a yard of the car.... you should have heard her scream[rofl]

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
They are on the LBI side of the inlet to. Until last year I never thought I had to watch my bait while on the beach at night. He was a tame little sucker to, kept sneaking up to our clams.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
That's either a small fox or a large rabbit. Either way those are very cool pictures.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
the fox population down on IBSP
I think its rebounding. I have seen a bunch the last 2 years.

You won't have to worry about him. His future don't look bright.
Despite how they may look, they are definitely making a comeback. Between rabbits, birds, and leftover bait they eat pretty good. I spoke to several park rangers there and they said they have seen alot more fox over the past couple years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts