New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this guy around last year he was getting pretty comfortable with me walking around then he disapeared late bow season and didnt see him for awhile this may be why?Looks like he took an arrow in the shoulder Iwas 6yrds from him and it looked like bone sticking out or an insert from an arrow

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Is he favoring that leg at all? Antler growth looks pretty symetrical though.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Cory, stop making them your pets[hihi][hihi][hihi][hihi]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I am surprised infection did not kill him. He looks pretty healthy.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Because of a broadhead's razor sharpness, most wound provided they did not hit anything potentially fatal, will heal! Broadhead wound will heal better than bullet wounds because the wound is neater and able to close, better than a ragged jagged wound channel caused by a bullet. I seen many animals recover from this type of wound, probably didn't get the penetration needed to inflict a more lethal wound, lucky for him! This wound didn't appear to stress his body either, cause of the typical antler development! The point is that deer are able to survive such hits and heal quickly due to the razor sharpness of the broadhead!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Whitetail can sure "take a licking and keep on ticking" Glad you buddy deer made it and that it is not afraid to come near you. Of course he does not know what happened to him or why. Apparently you are not the only bow hunter in your area. Hope he makes it this year. Kinda needs an orange collar if he is that friendly to people don"t you think?[confused]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Amazing what they can take, and, continue on with that will to live. Years ago when I was a kid around
1960 my Pop shot a nice buck during six day; he had a shinny spot on his nose we cut it out and it was a broad head with a cedar shaft it looked like he rubbed the spot so much it looked polished.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
great pics them whitetails are tough [up]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts