New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out in utah and yellowstone for the past 9 days. had an extra day to play around in yellowstone so i bought a cheap fly rod kit, permit and some flys in the park and had some fun. this was the gibbon river/creek in the southwest section of the park. tons and i mean tons of wild trout. small fish but a hell of alot of fun. i landed about 20 fish and lost as many in about 6 hours. haven't flyfished in 15 years and i don't know why. IT WAS AWESOME. if you haven't been, GET OUT THERE. it's beautiful!!!!!!!!!

here's some pics, enjoy.......

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up] love them colors

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Love Yellowstone and Teton. Jackson Hole is a great town. You should have went down and fished some of the lakes in Teton. The cutthroat trout are awesome.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Rich H.
Looks like you had a great time, Beautiful fish.
I would love to go someday.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have went down and fished some of the lakes in Teton
i will be heading back out there strictly for fishing in the future. tons of trout filled water out there [up]

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great pics. Brings back lots of memories. When I was 18-23 years old I spent at least 6 weeks every summer backpacking and fly fishing the greater Yellowstone area and the Wind River Range in Wyoming.

Amazing times and superb back country fly fishing. If ever you go out there again and want some info on incredibly productive back country lakes and streams feel free to shoot me a pm. I LOVE the country out there and miss it immensly, I can't wait to take my kids out there.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All brown trout?
alot of browns, few brookies & last fish of the day was the rainbow (last pic).
If ever you go out there again and want some info on incredibly productive back country lakes and streams feel free to shoot me a pm.
cheers to that, thx. i met a few folks that work/live in the park who steered me the right way which was nice.
Buying that rod was a good idea
definately! guide service, flyfishing rental package & permit was $450 all said and done for a day. my wife was like go buy all your own stuff, so i did and it ended up only being $95 for what i needed.

definately needed waders for the bigger water out there, hence the smaller fish. will pack all my gear and head out for fishing hopefully next year. besides the fishing, sightseeing and just hanging out was phenominal! will post pics of the scenery later on....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts