New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im back from Lake George and what a great trip. Did all kinds of fishing. We hit the Schroon river,Brant lake, Lake Luzerne, loon lake and a few others and of course lake george. We caught some nice crappie, largemouth, small mouth, perch, pickeral a few niceee cats out of lake luzerne. I have some more pix but will load them later. We used rod bender charters for some lakers and got some nice one and bunch of keepers this pic is my girlfriend with a 29inch laker caught at about 90 feet.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Nice[up]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she was thrilled as you could see haha

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
What if anything was caught out of the Schroon river?

Just asking since I'm staying a a campground located on that river this summer.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The schroon was up reallllll high and moving fast and dark brown. No trout out of there just smallies and sunnies.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no problem, i would def hit lake luzerne when your up there its not to big but great shore fishing. Caught some really nice largemouths out of there and some nice cats. The back cove where the river feeds into it was ridiculous. Its one of those spots where you catch a decent fish every cast.Also the mill pond in bolton, caught some nice bass and a 24 inch pickeral along with a ton of perch, great little spot.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up][up]

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
How was Brant Lake? I told you to try it out, and I hope it was ok. Sucks that the Schroon was too high, the areas I told you about are really good when the water is at normal flow.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brant lake was pretty good. Bass, pickeral, some perch etc. But yea there was no fishing the shcroon for trout anyway. Way to high and fast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.