New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got lucky this year and tagged a nice Kansas buck with my bow. Last year I spent 28 days hunting there and I only saw one shooter that whole time. The hunting TV shows make you believe differently; like there is a monster buck behind every tree, that is not so. EHD, coyotes and hunting pressure changed that. Unfortunately my wife didn't fill her tag on this trip. She only had a week to hunt but she did hunt hard that whole time. She passed on a great buck because of the low light conditions but I was able to get him on film. Knowing that she made the right call made me proud. Once you release an arrow you can't stop it in mid air so make sure you do everything possible before it leaves the string. Here are some pics.

The buck my wife passed.

Here is a pic of my decoy after the Pack Rat stole its tail. I had to attached a tarsal glad to its rump so it didn't look totally stupid.

This was the first year that I used a buck and doe decoy together and it won't be the last, the bucks were very responsive to it. Here are two bucks that came within range to the decoys, but they were not shooters.

All an all I had a great hunt, except for the friggin snow and wind BUUURRRRR! :eek:

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Great pics. ..congrats

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Awesome.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.