New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in for left heart cathether and possible angioplasty yesterday and got home today.

Good news--It went well, I'm home, I have to take a few days off, and I feel good. [up]

Bad news-- There were 3 small blockages. 2 were close together, the other was further "down the line." He only got 2 done due to a reaction to one of the meds, so I have to go back, probably next week, for another overnight.[wallmad]

I just keep telling myself everything is relative---this week the cat got castrated. I'm in GREAT shape compared to him!
[cry][eek]

Bob

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just keep telling myself everything is relative---this week the cat got castrated.
lol ... yea, you're a lot better off.

We should all be glad that they can do these things like angioplasty.

Good luck to you ... have a happy, long life.

Is this a life-changing event for you? Diet? Exercise?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Congrates Bob. I work at a hospital and I am amazed at the work they do in the cath lab. See if you can order a video copy of the procedure .... it is amazing to see the blockages when they are opened and the die starts running through.

American medical care is the best in the world. Keep this in mind when Obama care starts killing people. Obama's mouthpieces have already stated that procedures like these are not "cost effective relative to years of life saved" for persons over 59 years old .... seems coincidence that in Europe a lot of procedures are limited over age 59 also. In other words, your extra years of life are not worth the gov. money .... you die .... unless you are a politician of course and then you have a different plan. Sorry ... didn't mean to highjack your threat ... just seemed like a good place to make a point.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Good for you! Glad you are feeling better. Consider yourself lucky as some people just drop dead without a second chance. Take care of yourself!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up] glad you are feelin better!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.