New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the administrators. Are/Will we be able to post custom avatars?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's up? Didn't a moderator, or an administrator read my thread? :(

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I thought they'd be COOL.:D

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Avatars are "cool", but like everything, members get carried away with the "can you top this" attitude. It gets even worse with signatures

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I think the custom avatars are in general a great idea.

HOWEVER...unless the site has the appropriate upgrades for bandwidth etc, it will result in slower downloads and connections of pages.

I would definitaly not want them if that would be a result.

The other problem is once you offer avatars, everyone will be asking for personal banners on the bottom of their posts. This can double or triple the problem if it is allowed. Not to mention the fact that most members really don't have any interest in reading other peoples personal advertisements on the bottom of every post.

I vote for keeping it simple...this isn't political forum, or a fashion show, I don't see any need for the "flash" if it will distract in any way from the performance of this website....Just my opinion.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
it will result in slower downloads and connections of pages
exactly! this is why we don't have them. keep the site simple as possible to keep it running as smooth as possible.

good post jc![up]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
HOWEVER...unless the site has the appropriate upgrades for bandwidth etc, it will result in slower downloads and connections of pages.

I would definitaly not want them if that would be a result.
I second that, ain't broke don't need fixing..

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I think custom avatars will make the site look ugly
Unless the Orange Bowl photo was an option [smirk]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts