New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently looking for a winch for my polaris sportsman....on ebay there are 2000 lb winches for $99....Venom is the name....how bad can it be? or should i pay a little more and go for a better one?

i need some advice

·
11,226 Posts
2000lbs. for a ATV sounds like plenty to me. At $99 I would say it is worth a try! I don't know anything about them but how bad can it be? You wont need it at full strenth if it's for your ATV so I would THINK it would be fine! Good luck![smirk]

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it says brand new 2500 lbs..mounting plate and wiring and rocker switch included

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I would go with more of a name brand winch. Warn makes winches that are around $199.00 for ATV's. The main reason is parts if it does break and the other is warranty and dependability. The hardest part of the winch will be the install. If you are not very mechanical I would bring it to a shop to have it installed, it takes about 1-2 hours for a shop to install it. I work in a Motorcycle shop part time I sell winches all the time so I know the process pretty good. Good luck with your purchase. See link below
WARN WINCH CLICK HERE!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if i use the winch it will be mainly for a plow...nothing more unless i get stuck or something..do you think this winch will be sufficient?..again what is "gen 6"?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
The 1500 pound Winch would be more then enough. As for the plow the plows that you raise by hand with a lever are better and faster. Winch's sometimes get burnt out when they are used for plowing because of the constant up and down motion. But using the winch for the plow is not that bad just a little slower with the raising. As for getting stuck the 1500lb winch will get you out no problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts