New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have 2004 sportsman 500.....i tried to start it up today and got nothing...nothing lights up...no lighta no display lights...and it wont even try to start...i charged the ( 1 month old) battery and nothing.....is there a fuse i need to look at or something? i dont understand what the problem is

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i fixed it....all i did was kinda shifted the + wire leading to some round looking thing and now its fine but i still dont know what the problem was...

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Tighten the connection on the battery and where it plugs into the round (regukator) thing LOL

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Look down..

Those things at the end of your legs...

They're called FEET.

Repeat after me: Left, Right, repeat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dawgs , find where the recoil startis(the pull rope). if the battery goes dead or some other malfunction you will still be able to start the 4wheeler.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no good....when it was dead....even the pull start wouldnt start it...it did it again...i jiggled the wires and it lit back up....i need to find the problem

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My buddy had the same issue, try wiggling the wires on the left side of the handlebars, there are a few wires that go into the plastic housing there. that connector gets corroded and it kills the machine. Nothing works. try it and let me know if it works. it should very COMMON problem with Polaris. If its that clean the terminal, and lube it with di-electric grease (vaseline) or you can replace the connector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts